Dog tags??
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog tags??

Dog tags??

When do you recive your "dog tags" before or after boot camp?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrrySkoal View Post
    When do you recive your "dog tags" before or after boot camp?
    In Boot Camp....HIP

Why the crap would that matter? You freakin poolees these day ask some dumb crap. Then you wonder why you get hazed when you get to the fleet....W

Quote Originally Posted by CalahanD View Post
    Why the crap would that matter? You freakin poolees these day ask some dumb crap. Then you wonder why you get hazed when you get to the fleet....W

He was just asking. Maybe he can't wait to get his own set.HIP

You get your dog tags when your Drill Instructors give them to you.

Really...there are more important things to worry about during boot camp than when you're going to get your dog tags.

I don't blame him for asking. They are soo cool and shiny.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    dog tags suck anyway, they are a pain in the a$$ and get in the way. I havent "worn" mine since MCT.

I dont know what the big deal is. He is a poolee. He has never been to boot camp, nor has he been in the fleet. If he doesnt know something, he should ask and not have to worry about all the grief as long as he is respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    You get your dog tags when your Drill Instructors give them to you.

Really...there are more important things to worry about during boot camp than when you're going to get your dog tags.
    For sure or when your DI gets your name tag and you pay dearly to get it back in the classroom,lol, Semper Fidelis.

Sorry and Thank you Marines!

During. Right before final inspection.

Depends on your drill instructors. Some platoons were given theirs as soon as they arrived, we didn't get ours til after the crucible because our senior brain farted and forgot about them.

Thank very much sir! I asked this question because my friend who enlisted with the Army has already recived his and he said I should be getting mine soon and that I should ask my recuiter but I didn't want to look like a gear queer or nothing in front of him haha thank you all alot!

yeah some guys in the army even get their cammies before heading off to boot camp

different branches work in different ways. either way once you get to soi you'll have a chance to make decent ones, the ones from the depot are crappy punched in versions. good to have an extra set or two lying around in case there's an inspection

Thread Information